Questions (again)

Started by
5 comments, last by Stompy9999 19 years, 2 months ago
Ok ive been using VC++ (4.0) for a little while anyways im wondering are there any online free tutorials on how to make a game such as pac-man or tetris (so i can get past the stage im at) i've been trying google but haven't been able to really find anything, i once saw someone saying were some sites were and ive been looking all over for that post but i cant find it. anyways thanks for your replies (as long as there not flaming me)
Advertisement
Hola!

What is important now is you learn a graphics library. I suggest allegro or SDL. If you already know one, then try the google search on this site for a thread that teaches how to make tetris in one day.

Best of luck!
-----------------------------Play Stompy's Revenge! Now!
link
Change the 'show topics from x days ago' thing and search for 'tetris' there
"It's better to regret something you've done than to regret something you haven't done."
game turtorials in my sig has a tic tac toe and other game tutroials there check that out.

Eric Ranaldi a.k.a RanBlade

[size=1]"Passion is what drives you to stay up until 4am fixing that bug that hardly anyone would notice...

[size=1]Passion is where great games come from, if you dont live and breathe games you shouldn't be in the games industry."

[size=2]- Dave Pottinger, Ensemble Studios

[size=1][GameDev][C++ Page][Unity Game Engine][Panda3D Game Engine][NeHe Productions][Drunken Hyena][MSDN][Beej's Guide to Network Programming]

[size=1][FreedBSD][My Site][Gamasutra][Khan Acadamey]

gametutorials is a paying site now

(no, not because DigiBen got greedy, but they're writing a book and their publischer doesn't want their tuts online for free atm - or something like that)
"It's better to regret something you've done than to regret something you haven't done."
oh damn didnt know that:( well thats a bummer

Eric Ranaldi a.k.a RanBlade

[size=1]"Passion is what drives you to stay up until 4am fixing that bug that hardly anyone would notice...

[size=1]Passion is where great games come from, if you dont live and breathe games you shouldn't be in the games industry."

[size=2]- Dave Pottinger, Ensemble Studios

[size=1][GameDev][C++ Page][Unity Game Engine][Panda3D Game Engine][NeHe Productions][Drunken Hyena][MSDN][Beej's Guide to Network Programming]

[size=1][FreedBSD][My Site][Gamasutra][Khan Acadamey]

I couldn't find the tetris thread I was thinking about. Here is another one though:

Designing Tetris

-----------------------------Play Stompy's Revenge! Now!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement