missing objbase.h

Started by
3 comments, last by BasGameDev 19 years, 2 months ago
Hi, using the visual c++ 2005 .net express compiler and the summer2004 directX SDK. When I include the ddraw.h header in my project (or any other directx header for that matter) my compiler has a linking problem: it can't find the objbase.h file used by ddraw.h I've searched my computer for this file and it doesn't exist, which is strange since the directX SDK ddraw header seems to need it. Any ideas? Thank in advance, Bas
Advertisement
Best thing I can say is download the new Feb 2005 DX and see if that will work correctly.

Actually you need to get the Platform SDK. That file is part of the window's sdk that is not included with the compiler, but is with Dev-CPP and MS Visual Studio 6 and 7.

- Drew
Hi drew,

I've downloaded the february release of directX and the objbase.h isn't in there either, while the ddraw.h file still includes the objbase.h file.
So unfortunately the solution doesn't lie there.

But the platform SDK sounds good, i'm looking into that now.
Thanks for the reply

Bas
Quote:Original post by BasGameDev
I've downloaded the february release of directX and the objbase.h isn't in there either, while the ddraw.h file still includes the objbase.h file.

So unfortunately the solution doesn't lie there.

As Drew seems to have corrected himself - you need the Platform SDK to solve this. iirc, objbase.h is one of the many files that makes up the platform sdk, which is in turn used by ddraw.h

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Hi,

I've downloaded the platform SDK and it solved my problems. I can include the ddraw.h without errors. (only now i'm stuck with a lot of linker problems, but i think i can manage)

Thanks for the help,
Bas

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement