New SDK Stutter

Started by
0 comments, last by CJM 19 years, 2 months ago
I resently reformatted my computer, and got the new Feb SDK , and now my game engine "stutters", I tried looking at the debug info, but nothing shows up. I narowed it down to this one Shader, when i use this shader the game stutters about every 1/4 of a second. Anyone else experice this? I took away all the calls and it's just down to commenting out these lines: Effect->SetTechnique("ShowGlowSpots"); Effect->Begin(0, 0) ; Effect->BeginPass(0) ; and that stops the stuttering, but I still need to use this shader, it all worked fine on the previous SDK, anything I can do?
Advertisement
Heya,

Can't fix your problem, but...

I'd try testing it on a friend's machine, then installing the latest graphics card drivers for your machine, then rewriting your shader.

If you've reformatted, it might not even be the SDK, or might be your driver/SDK combo. However, testing it on a friend's machine that has the latest directX would be the best way to tell if it's actually an issue that's your code / computer / or every [new] directX machine.

If all else fails, and they have actually changed the api and made it slower [API changes aren't unheard of *cough*fonts*cough*, but they usually make things faster...] try rewriting or optimising the shader...

CJM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement