AI for Fighting games

Started by
3 comments, last by Nice Coder 19 years, 1 month ago
Hello All, I'm a new member here. I wanna develop a fighting game like Street Fighter. Do you people know what type of AI is used in that kinda game? How computer opponent of the match decides which action to perform in a certain situation? How they predict each others moves? Did anyone try developing such games? Plz help me with this. I heard that FSMs are used in such cases.. is it true? I couldnt get any suitable references or tutorials for this particular type of game. Do you ppl have any idea on this? Thanx in advance!
Advertisement
Uh, you have two posts here ;)

Yeah, FSM's are pretty much exclusively used for fighting games, newer ones can actually alter the FSM and 'adapt' somewhat to your fighting style. If you're interested you can check out Fighter Maker for playstation, it lets you mess around with the AI a bit by altering the FSM.
ahh... what's... FSM?
I'd definetly say that a glass is half-empty!
Finite State Machines
Basically, its a simplish thing.

It is in one 'state'.
From that state, it can change into other states, when certain things happen.

For eg. In your little fighter:
Attack state. - Your attacking the player
If my health < 20 then changestate(seekhealth)

Ect.

Its really fast, but its not very intelegent sometimes. (when unexpected things arise).

From,
Nice coder
Click here to patch the mozilla IDN exploit, or click Here then type in Network.enableidn and set its value to false. Restart the browser for the patches to work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement