GMail infinity + 1 plan.

Started by
49 comments, last by Genjix 19 years, 1 month ago
Well, I could use it as a nice backup space with gmailFS if they continue to pump up the space a bit. 5 GB would be nice [grin]
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
Advertisement
Using 1 meg of 1322...
I'm so unpopular :(
hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- the fear of big words
I'm only using 95MB :/

Quote:Original post by Rob Loach
Well, I have to use this space for something... Any ideas?

Lets email each other UBER files and find out the REAL power of GMAIL

>___< *EVIL STARE*
Quote:Original post by Dmytry
This day we give you 1mb. Tomorrow, 1/2mb. Next day, 1/3mb, and so-on.

I really should learn the convergence tests but IIRC that is not convergent so we'll be reaching infinite space on gmail in the future.

Quote:Original post by Ilici

I really should learn the convergence tests but IIRC that is not convergent so we'll be reaching infinite space on gmail in the future.

that's what i meant it for. You reach infinity, but it grows slower and slower (grows approx. as log(n)) . Somebody had in sig joke about infinite amount of money as prize... they pay 1$ this week, 1/2 $ next week, 1/3$ , and so-on.
You are currently using 103 MB (8%) of your 1337 MB.
[ PGD - The Home of Pascal Game Development! ] [ Help GameDev.net fight cancer ]
Damn. You have l33t MBs while I only have 1342 of the regular boring MBs.
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Mine's up to 1350MB... and I've only used up 31MB (2%)!
Btw, Yahoo! plans to increase their free space to 1GB
Clicky
Quote:Original post by Ilici

that's what i meant it for. You reach infinity, but it grows slower and slower (grows approx. as log(n)) . Somebody had in sig joke about infinite amount of money as prize... they pay 1$ this week, 1/2 $ next week, 1/3$ , and so-on.

I don't think you can reach infinity with this method, in this context, due to the fact that, numbers, digitally speaking, have a certain indivisable granurality (the bit), and you can't add fractions of a bit to a number...

...but please correct me if I'm wrong...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement