Most Powerful Scenes in Film History

Started by
201 comments, last by I Like Bread 19 years ago

A Time To Kill - Matthew McConnaughy's final speech.
Advertisement
19 - Requiem for a Dream - end sequence.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

I'm 19

- Requiem for a Dream is one heck of an emotional movie
- 2001: A Space Odyssey - where HAL turns the space pod around and goes bananas. That scene is just incredible! Kubrick managed to make it really intense and emotional with a minimal amount of talking.
- The Deer Hunter - The last russian roulette scene and the scene after the funeral. Makes me weep like a girlie every time.
- Blade Runner - the last scene with the android helping Deckard
2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2
23:

Fight Club: The ending, where the buildings explode and Pixies play "Where is my mind?"
Dark City: The scene in the end where John is tied to the chair and he wakes up.
Psycho: The shower scene.
Chinatown: "My sister,my daughter,my sister,my daughter!"
Seven: (a)The dinner (b)When they invade the house where the semi-dead man is (c)The box scene
Rosemary's baby: The end, where she holds the baby in her arms.

And some comedies:

Pink Panther: Basically, everytime Clouzo fights with his servant.
Young Dr.Frankenstein: The scene with the monster and the blind old man.
The Party: The whole movie was awesome, but the scenes with drunken servant were hilarious.
Life of Brian: "You've got to look/on the bright side of life!"
Most good scenes have been mentioned already :(

Trainspotting - When Sick Boy's baby dies
Reservoir Dogs - Mr. Blonde's torture scene
Pulp Fiction - When the guy in the backseat gets shot in the head by Vincent
Donnie Brasco - When Lefty gets 'sent for' at the end
Platoon - The village scene where Chris makes the kid dance and Bunny crushes the guys head ('Holy shit, did you see that fucking head come apart man? ')
A couple I haven't seen mentioned here yet.

Purple Rain: the ending scene where the sisters meet again.

A Beautiful Mind: generally the last few scenes:
- Where his friend comes and gets his wife to take a look at him teaching students.
- The scene where he is introduced in the tearoom and all the other professors put their pens on the table.
- Some of the scenes where he knows he's mad, but he's doing the best he can. It's just so unfair.

I'm 25.
You're all soulless monsters, how has no one mentioned Bambi yet!

I'm 20:
Bambi - Scene when his mother gets shot(and yes before someone points it out, you don't actually see her getting shot).
Apocalypse Now(Redux) - The beginning of the sacrifice scene where he comes out of the water.
Raising Arizona - The first scene with the escape, probably more bizarre than powerful.
On Her Majesty's Secret Service - After his wife's been shot.

Plus loads of other ones already said, including 2001: A Space Odyssey, Bladerunner, Apocalypse Now, Green Mile, Saving Private Ryan

Also I'd say that the topic title is misleading, from the title alone and not the original post, I'd say the fall of the Berlin wall, that Chinese bloke infront of the tanks and 9/11. If the soldiers hadn't made such arses of themselves I suppose the falling of Saddam Hussein's statue would have had a shot.
The Untouchables - when Capone (bob de niro) whacks the guy's head with a baseball bat at the table

Sophies choice - when she tells us the heartbreaking choice she had to make and the death scene at the end....I was crying buckets for days
Firstly I'm 21.

The Pianist - Most of that film, there are so many powerful scenes I can't pick one.
The Butterfly Effect - The ending they should have used where he dies. ( Can be seen in the directors cut version ).
The Virgin Suicides - The ending.
American History X - Where whats his face gets shot in the toilet.
Battle Royal - The part near the beginning when they are watching the video. So damn funny!
The Crow - "You've put a smile on my face". (Ending on the roof).
Alien 3 - Jumping into the lead.
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - The ending.
Gladiator - When he kills the caesar.
The Silence of the Lambs - The whole film.
Brazil - Where he's going insane in the chair at the end...
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
Quote:Original post by python_regious
Battle Royale - The part near the beginning when they are watching the video. So damn funny!

"This one's super-lucky!". Great film, even if the subtitles are a bit... peculiar. Avoid Battle Royale 2, however. The teacher appears to be a drug-crazed Elvis impersonator.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement