Original Post
I have always been keen on games that have that certain element to make you shiver when playing but what makes a game chilling. I thought Silent Hill was very scary, using the school was a nice touch. Also Aliens vs Predator seemed quite scary at times with good elements taken from the films.
It is all well and good to make a game dark and add some sound effects but you need that certain element that can be found in movies. What do you define as scary..making you feel a slight sense of danger or involving you in the game so that you believe you are being chased or running to save you life.
I know that there is a game coming out for the PS2 which looks good...they are using the abandoned space craft plot, similar to Event Horizon.
"Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day!"