AngelScript 2.2.0 WIP 5 (2005/05/31)

Started by
41 comments, last by kaysik 18 years, 10 months ago
AngelScript 2.2.0 WIP 1 is now available with the first step in supporting script declared structures. Structs are declared just as in C/C++, except that currently only primitive types are supported for the properties. Regards, Andreas [edit]2.2.0 WIP 3 has been released.[/edit] [edit]2.2.0 WIP 4 has been released.[/edit] [edit]2.2.0 WIP 5 has been released.[/edit] [Edited by - WitchLord on May 31, 2005 8:23:05 PM]

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
Yay! [smile]
This is really nice =)
I'm very glad you added this functionality. When will it be available for testing? Also I would like to know how AngleScript compares to LUA in speed, ha anyone done some benchmarks?
Good work andreas ;)
I'm waiting for the possibility to extend the c++ class directly in Angelscript like UnrealScript :)

Bye Davide
ZeroSigma:

The first WIP is available already for testing. Not all functionality is implemented yet, but what is should be working just fine.

As for the performance, I can't say. A lot has happened since the last comparison was made. I suggest you make your own tests to compare the performance of the two. In either case, I don't really think you should be looking too closely on the performance, as if speed is what you need you shouldn't be using a script language in the first place.

But if you should be doing some comparisons I will be very interested in knowing the results.

davidino79:

Can you tell me more about how extending the C++ classes in UnrealScript works?

What I have planned for AngelScript is that a script will be able to declare a structure, and then store it in the C++ class. If that is how UnrealScript does it, then you'll have what you want soon, but if not, then I'm afraid I need to know more about what you want.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Quote:
davidino79:

Can you tell me more about how extending the C++ classes in UnrealScript works?

What I have planned for AngelScript is that a script will be able to declare a structure, and then store it in the C++ class. If that is how UnrealScript does it, then you'll have what you want soon, but if not, then I'm afraid I need to know more about what you want.

Yes,
if you want go to unreal script specification go to http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/UnrealScriptReference#Example_program_structure it will be more better than me to explain ;)
THat is a nice article to read.
The company's SurfControl blocks that site for me here at work. I'll try to get time to read it from home though.

Thanks for the link.

What do you do for a living if you do not mind answering?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement