One Last Thing about Win32 Toolbars (VC++ w/o MFC)...

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 19 years ago
Hi everyone, Now that I've gotten the toolbar up and running, I need to get up to speed with the buttons for the Win32 toolbar. I used CreateWindowEx() with the TBstyle_FLAT option. Now, since Windows XP has various themes, I can't design the button bitmap's background to a specific color (since the toolbar background color can be different on different machines/operating systems...). How to I specify to substitute a specified color on the toolbar button's bitmap for the Window's menu background color (COLOR_MENU+1)? Thanks a lot, everyone! - Charles PS: Once this gets up and running I'll be sure to post a Win32 Toolbar guide. There seriously appears to be a lack of information on this area.
Advertisement
If I'm not mistaken, the color in the lower-left corner of your bitmap will be used as a 'transparency' color - all pixels with that color will be transparent. I think you can find this info poking about the toolbar button info on MSDN. (Well, maybe not.)

(It's been awhile since I did this, so I might be mistaken. But go to Google groups and google [transparent button "lower left"]. I appear to be correct.)

David
I believe you are correct.

David, you are a true life saver

^_^

-Tekmoto

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement