Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Calling native DLL from flash possible?

Started by cabbage Apr 29, 2005 at 10:35 AM 4 replies 5.3k views
Original Post
cabbage
cabbage
I'm not that familiar with all of the capabilities of flash, so I'm hoping someone will know. Is there any way to call Java/.NET/native code from within the flash ActionScript? Thanks!
logain
logain
I for one dont know, but I would like to know also since I am making a game in Flash for my advanced flash class.

And one resource I would suggest would be actionscript.org. Good for learning and the forums have been quite a help to me.
cabbage
cabbage


That indeed is not what I want. Remote connections are none of my concern, I only want to use a DLL on the local machine. You are correct. Those links did come up in the first few hits on google.


I did however put in "minimal research" for a few hours and came up with a way to embed using active X controls. Thanks for the confidence in my searching abilities, Pete.
Deathscythe
Deathscythe
Let me know if you can, if so I will be uninstalling Flash and will never run flash on my computer.
President: Video Game Development Club of UCIhttp://spirit.dos.uci.edu/vgdc
cabbage
cabbage
Flash can be embedded in programs. It seems that Delphi makes it very easy to do the importing. Here's a community that seems to document the process pretty well (in Delphi unfortunately). http://www.delphiflash.com/



I'm not sure what security implications might arise from this. I didn't find information to load DLLs from flash as I had originally hoped, but this should do for displaying interfaces and things.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.