Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Articles on the Sims AI?

Started by angry May 9, 2005 at 11:12 AM 2 replies 6.3k views
Original Post
angry
angry
I'm searching for articles which discuss the AI of The Sims/Sims 2 or games that work like them. I've tried googling but I guess my search abillities is not as good as some people around here. So if you have any links to share, please do =)
silmaril
silmaril
GameAI.com got a nice page that discusses briefly the AI in various games, The Sims included. Not a very deep analysis of the game's AI, but a start at least :)
WilliamvanderSterren
WilliamvanderSterren
Have a look at Ken Forbus' 2001 Computer Game Design class and the corresponding lecture notes.
- http://www.cs.northwestern.edu/~forbus/c95-gd/index.html down the bottom.
In his lecture notes, there are slides originating from Wright and Doornbos:
- http://www.cs.northwestern.edu/~forbus/c95-gd/lectures/The_Sims_Under_the_Hood_files/v3_document.htm

Furthermore, Maxis/EA's Jake Simpson did a talk on Scripting and Sims2: Coding the Psychology of Little People at this year's GDC. Contact Jake or any other attendee to get hold of the slides.
angry
angry
Great! Thanks to both of you, now I've got somewhere to start.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.