DirectSound and Dev C++ - Problems comipling with dmusici.h (SOLVED)

Started by
4 comments, last by Dave Hunt 18 years, 11 months ago
I am having a problem compiling with the header <dmusici.h>. I get these errors:
81 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\dmdls.h declaration of `WLOOP  _DMUS_REGION::WLOOP[1]' 
264 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\dls1.h changes meaning of `WLOOP' from `typedef  struct _rloop WLOOP' 
1673 C:\Dev-Cpp\include\dmusici.h type specifier omitted for parameter  `VARIANT' 
What can I do to fix this? I tried replacing the <dmusici.h> and <dmdls.h> header files with the ones in the DirectX 8 library, but I still got the same error... [Edited by - deadimp on May 19, 2005 12:02:12 PM]
Projects:> Thacmus - CMS (PHP 5, MySQL)Paused:> dgi> MegaMan X Crossfire
Advertisement
Check out this article. I think it covers the problem you are having.
I tried using the corrections the article made, but none of it fixed my problem...
Also, I have located the file and position where "tagVARIANT (also VARIANT)" is defined. It's in the main include directory of Dev C++, in the file "oaidl.h", around line 191.
Another question: What exactly does it mean by "type specifier omitted..."? Does it think that is the variable name?
Quote:Original post by deadimp
I tried using the corrections the article made, but none of it fixed my problem...
Also, I have located the file and position where "tagVARIANT (also VARIANT)" is defined. It's in the main include directory of Dev C++, in the file "oaidl.h", around line 191.
Another question: What exactly does it mean by "type specifier omitted..."? Does it think that is the variable name?

It sounds like maybe oaidl.h isn't getting included before dmusici.h tries to reference VARIANT. You might try manually including ole2.h (which should include oaidl.h) before dmusici.h. I don't know if that will help, but it should ensure that VARIANT is getting defined (unless it's dependent on some #ifdef somewhere).
Thanks! [Rating++] I wasn't too sure if I was ever going to get this working! But yet again, thankyou!
Glad I could help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement