Visual Studio?

Started by
1 comment, last by Extrarius 18 years, 11 months ago
I am considering about to buy enterprise edition developer 2003. Right now, I am using Visual C++ 2003 and love it. Which do you use edition of visual studio? Worth to have it?
Advertisement
I'm not sure what version I am using, but Visual Studio is by far one of the greatest things I've ever used on the Windows platform IDE wise. If all you have is Visual C++, and are interested in the .Net languages as well as more features, Visual Studio is worth every penny!

The only thing I don't like about it is the way they have MFC setup. I still use VS6 for MFC programs because things are totally switched around in 2k3...Other than that, I love it!
I use VS.Net 2002 academic at home, and .Net 2003 Professional at work.

I would suggest avoiding the enterprise edition unless you truly need all that it supports. It is meant for large groups coordinating things, so if you're running a business it might be ok but still I'd suggest the professional version because it's much cheaper and I haven't noticed anything it is missing that is really important that can't be replaced by a freeware program.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement