Simple GL video player

Started by
3 comments, last by storage 18 years, 11 months ago
Taken from my news page: This simple demo (no fancy shaders here) provides the user with a simple interface to load and play a video. The GUI gives total control over the current video progress, the volume of the audio stream, looping, pausing and muting. To run this demo, there is absolutely no need for proprietary extensions, only an OpenGL compliant card and set of drivers are required. I’m posting this tiny application right here to gather as much feedback as I can regarding performance and robustness especially on the set of Radeon cards (9500 and up) since the new catalysts enable the texture rectangle extension. Please post your log files so I can read them. Demo binaries. Demo source and build files. Engine source.
Advertisement
Very nice product.
I like the gui utilites alot. I'm in the middle of creating a very similar environment
Hey,

I have seen a few of your demos and must say I'm impressed. The demo worked fine for me.

Here's the log:
<+>Registering data path -> Data/XML/<+>Registering data path -> Data/Textures/<+>Creating GL Window<+>->width: 640, height: 480<+>->XLocation: 320, YLocation: 272<+>->Depth bits: 24, Alpha bits: 0<+>->Color bits: 32, Stencil bits: 0<+>Loaded Texture2D file at -> GUIElements.png<+>Renderer: RADEON 9800 Pro x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE<+>Version:  1.5.4898 WinXP Release<+>Vendor:   ATI Technologies Inc.<+>Initializing the COM interface<!>Texture Rectangles not supported, falling back to 2D <256, 256> <+>Loading new 2D Shell: width = 256, height = 256<!>PBOs not supported, falling back to glTexSubImage2D<!>Media not found<+>Flushed all active textures<+>Uninitializing the COM interface<+>Destroying GL Window<!>Removing window from manager -> Simple Video Player

Slaru
Quote:Original post by anonuser
Very nice product.
I like the gui utilites alot. I'm in the middle of creating a very similar environment

Thank you for your kind words, let me know if you need any help with the creation of your GUI package.

Slaru:
Your drivers seem to be outdated and old, from what I know, newer ones will most likely enable texture rectangles. Have you tried downloading the new Catalysts 5.5?
Here's a link to the most recent ones.
Thanks for the feedback :)
Now any other ATI users out there?
Not an ATI user, but posting anyway :)

Really nice demo btw!

<+>Registering data path -> Data/XML/<+>Registering data path -> Data/Textures/<+>Creating GL Window<+>->width: 640, height: 480<+>->XLocation: 320, YLocation: 272<+>->Depth bits: 24, Alpha bits: 0<+>->Color bits: 32, Stencil bits: 0<+>Loaded Texture2D file at -> GUIElements.png<+>Renderer: GeForce 6800 LE/AGP/SSE2<+>Version:  1.5.3<+>Vendor:   NVIDIA Corporation<+>Initializing the COM interface<+>Loading new Rectangle Shell: width = 256, height = 256<!>Media not found<+>Resizing video surface <352, 288> <+>Flushed all active textures<+>Uninitializing the COM interface<+>Destroying GL Window<!>Removing window from manager -> Simple Video Player

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement