Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kaban

[.net] How to simulate a mouse click in C#?

13 posts in this topic

I have been searching on google and msdn trying to figure this out and got really confused. What I am trying to do is make a windows application that simulates mouse clicks after I hit a certain button. I want the program to make the mouse click anywhere and continue to click even if the program is minimized, until I hit the button that tells it to stop. I have the C++ code for it, which is very simple: //Simulate left mouse click mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN | MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP, X, Y, 0, 0); Is there any equivalent C# code? Is there a way to port this C++ code into my C# program? I am completely new to .NET, sorry for the noob questions! Thanks

Yes, you can import this function into your C# program. Here's an example:

using System;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;

public class Form1 : Form
{
[DllImport("user32.dll",CharSet=CharSet.Auto, CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]
public static extern void mouse_event(long dwFlags, long dx, long dy, long cButtons, long dwExtraInfo);

private const int MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN = 0x02;
private const int MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP = 0x04;
private const int MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN = 0x08;
private const int MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTUP = 0x10;

public Form1()
{
}

public void DoMouseClick()
{
//Call the imported function with the cursor's current position
int X = Cursor.Position.X;
int Y = Cursor.Position.Y;
mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN | MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP, X, Y, 0, 0);
}

//...other code needed for the application
}

replace left with right in the call to mouse_event() maybe ?

Be careful with an application like this.
I have written some GUI test harnesses that had functionality like this.
It can be difficult to make them work in a way that handles a lot of situations gracefully.

Here are some notes of interest if you plan on expanding your tool.
screen resolution changes, time between keypresses and click messages, lost messages, etc.

A good help is if there is a hook that you can use to check if the keypress, or click was successful.

I'm trying to use this class, but no matter what values I use for X and Y, the simulated click always happens wherever the mouse cursor is.

What is the point of the X and Y if not to tell the function the location of the mouse click

Quote:
Original post by drexlin
I'm trying to use this class, but no matter what values I use for X and Y, the simulated click always happens wherever the mouse cursor is.

What is the point of the X and Y if not to tell the function the location of the mouse click

They're setting the X and Y to the current mouse position. Set the values to whatever you want.

Quote:
Original post by GroZZleR
Quote:
Original post by drexlin

They're setting the X and Y to the current mouse position. Set the values to whatever you want.

I did change these values. It still doesn't work.

I'm having the exact same problem. I can't figure out how to set the coordinates for x and y; no matter what values I use, the mouse stays in the same position, I used the right button down and up to test this...

Hey Drexlin, I figured it out.

Add a reference to System.Drawing to your .cs and then when you solve for your x and y coords, make your next line as follows:

Cursor.Position = new Point((int)x, (int)y);

Then use it in your SendMouseInput or mouse_event function (Cursor.Position.X and Y) instead of your original x and y.

Cheers, hope that helps you out too!

Chris

hi... i appreciate that if anyone can help me...
I have been trying to disable mouse click for startup button in c#...

I tried several ways but i couldnt make it...

please help me....

If you have a new question, you should start a new thread. Also, if you're going to start a new thread, I would suggest you also provide a reason for why you want to "disable mouse click for [start] button". If you're writing a kiosk program, there's better ways to do it than messing with mouse messages, but if you don't tell us we can't really guess.