I just finished converting the hobbit's netcat to ansi C!

Started by
8 comments, last by silverphyre673 18 years, 11 months ago
Yay! I just spent the last two hours converting the hobbit's netcat from ancient horrible ugly poop to horrible ugly ANSI-COMPLIANT C!!! It is really, truely, ugly, and it will take me days to make it legible. Ah well. Just thought I would announce it.
my siteGenius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration
Advertisement
I don't suppose you'd be interested in making what you currently have available so that the rest of us can take a stab at it? :)
sure, didn't know anyone would be interested. You can download it here:

Download

Have fun, let me know what you do with it - I would be quite interested.
[wow] yes, that is rather ugly [sad] Good luck.
How is WinSock(2) ANSI?
Quote:Original post by anonuser
How is WinSock(2) ANSI?

By having its declarations #included and called in an ANSI-compliant manner, perhaps?
Well networking was the aspect i was thinking of not being ANSI compatible. Considering its really an OS specfic thing.

*nix do the BSD socket thing. While windows clones some of it (think windows select) and has its own WS* routines for data as well as familar system calls like recv asnd write.
I was simply talking about it being compile-able with a modern compiler. Not referring to winsock or anything like that.

I'm trying to work up the courage to go through and fix things. Wish me luck!

(Yuck: it even has goto statements!)
What was it originally written in?
daerid@gmail.com
nasty C. I mean, really, it just didn't look like anything I'd ever seen. Slowly working through it, renaming things so they make sense and stuff.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement