uuid.lib? (OpenAL question)

Started by
0 comments, last by moeron 18 years, 11 months ago
Hi all! I'm using Code::Blocks Beta 1.0, along with Visual C++ Toolkit 2003. I'm trying to compile a program that uses OpenAL 1.0. When I comment out all the alut stuff (specifically the calls to alutInit() and alutExit()), and do not link with the alut.lib file, the program compiles just fine--but there is no sound. However, when I do not comment out those two alut lines, and do link with the alut.lib file, I get this error when trying to compile: "Fatal Error LNK1104: cannot open file 'uuid.lib'" Nowhere in my project settings am I trying to link to that file, it does not even come with VCToolkit. I have found it in an installation from Visual Studio 6, but I don't want to use that one. (doesn't even work when I do.) What if I didn't have VS6 installed? So I'm wondering, either how can I initialize OpenAL without alut, or how can I force it to compile without trying to link with uuid.lib?
Advertisement
uuid.lib sounds like a core COM library to me...All the stuff required to generate universally unique ids for things...I don't know if openAL is a COM-based entity, but if it is, there is probably no way around linking to uuid.lib

Also, if its saying that it cannot open uuid.lib, then that just means that its not finding it. Add it (full path) to your project dependencies
moe.ron

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement