[Managed] Incredible FileNotFoundException

Started by
1 comment, last by Gruik 18 years, 11 months ago
Well, i've tried to run a little application on another computer of mine But there's an unhandled "System.IO.FileNotFound" exception. I first thought it was the textures he couldnt load (the not found file may be one of the texture), but now i've put an OpenFileDialog, i think there's no more problem with texture file path. I've installed latest .net framework and directx 9.0c. I've also installed this : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=402111C4-6478-46C1-BBD9-1BF9FCCE52F4&displaylang=en But no way to launch the app Any idea? thanks
Advertisement
I would see if every file you use, when you run your project from inside your development environment, is in the same relative path on the other PC. If it isn´t, copy it there?
Don´t know.... the only file you mentioned was a texture file, and you said, you already put in a filechooser dialogue for that, so no clue.
I've tried many things about the path of the texture i load (setting it absolute, like "c:\tex.bmp")

The produced executable seems to be standalone. The texture may not be loaded before i choose it with the Dialog. So the application should not crash at the startup.
I can copy the executable everywhere in the harddrive of my working pc, and launch it successfully.

Anyway, an error during texture loading won't produce an IO.FileNotFoundException but a DirectXException (that i catch)

But the strangiest thing is that, when i comment all lines about textures, it works!!! (i dont have the texture but there's no crash)

So, wtf?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement