Is my project gonna be sued??

Started by
3 comments, last by jollyjeffers 23 years, 5 months ago
hi, I''ve missed out on most of this stuff (living under a rock), so this may well be a stupid question.. I''m currently writing a Cannon Clone - you know, the game where you choose an angle/vector and a velocity and you have to shoot from your castle to the enemy castle... usually in 2D... It''s a little before my time (the original) so I cant remember the original name... I''ll continue working on it either way; it just affects whether I try and get it published/distribute it on my website... www.clonesoftware.cjb.net > Projects > Cannon3D if you''re interested... cheers; Jack;

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Advertisement
I don''t know but I don''t think so if you''re talking about a game like the Gorillas for QBasic that came with some versions of MS-DOS. That would be funny, Hasbro suing Microsoft for that silly program. I''m just thinking that in case that kind of game was originally made and its copyright owned by Atari then why Hasbro sues xgames3d.com, egames.com and many others but they don''t sue Microsoft? Just a retoric question. I hope this idea could be used in a court by the ones who were sued by Hasbro.
A 4 billon dollars company sues small companies and individuals and doesn''t sue a 200 billon company (last number I heard of MS) who violates the same rights...

Hitler said "you have your rights but we have the weapons".
Hasbro says "you have your rights but we have the money".
I dont know if it''s that game - I dont have much history in the older games; the earliest ones I played were things like Worms for the Amiga...

There''s actually an example very similiar to it (but in 2D) in Andre'' LaMothe''s Book - Tricks of the windows Game programming gurus - (he runs XGames3D)...

Jack;

Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Why haven''t many people noticed that Hasbro ripped of Worms from the Amiga???
I didn''t think Hasbro had stolen worms.... I thought it was all under licences (the sequals)...

Jack;

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement