Are you ready? Are you ready? Lets get it on!

Started by
-1 comments, last by xorjesus 18 years, 10 months ago
I just watched for the first time ever Ultimate Fighting Championship, and I could hardly believe how awesome it was. I saw UFC 1 and UFC 2, and it was the most brutal and exciting thing I've ever scene. One of my hardcore martial art friend's recommended it to me, after I described how I really enjoyed the strategic element in boxing, but I complained that it didn't even come close to simulating real life street fights. Ultimate Fightingis essentially an unlimited time, full contact, minimal rule street fight. You can do anything except bite or eye gouge, but everything else is completely legal. So you can imagine the raw ruthlessness of the fights. In the first fight ever(UFC 1), a 400 pound sumo wrestler loses to a 180 pound Savate master who dodges the sumos first charge, and than the Savate master kicks the sumo wrestler in the face cause teeth and blood to fly out! I guess sportsmanship is a considerably different in full contact fighting, but it was insane. Ultimate Fighters wage their battle in an octagon instead of a square ring, the idea is to not give one style of fighting an advantage over another. I just ordered the first 10 UFC's off of eBay, and have been doing tons of research on the web. It seems like the sport has changed a lot, but only for the better. I could see people easily getting killed or disabled with the the original UFC rules, but now the environment allows for full contact fighting strategy, but gives the contestants a much greater chance at coming back. I'm very interested in learning about what these fighters have to go through to enter the octagon, what type of people fight, and what are the neurological effects of taking some full force kicks to the head. I'm curious to what experience you gamedevers have had with this unique sport, and if any of you martial art scholars have anything interesting to say.
I study day and night, memorizing the game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement