www.JeremyPardon.com

Started by
11 comments, last by jezpardon 18 years, 10 months ago
Hi Guys, I would just like to announce that I have updated my web site with a flash based cv and showreel. Any prospective clients should email me using the email given in the cv. For any old fans of Parp! I'm afraid that it still remains untouched, but is still there on the web site too, in it's half complete state. Anyone new to Parp!, fell free to comment on it. I always appreciate feedback. Webpage [Edited by - jezpardon on June 17, 2005 9:37:15 AM]
www.JeremyPardon.com
Advertisement
Lazy Link
[email=wastedhours@gmail.com]-steve[/email]_______________________Freelance Game Journalist / Designer / Occasional Game Developer[GamingHours.com] [RandomlyAccessed]
Anyone like to throw some feedback at me?
www.JeremyPardon.com
I thought you had posted on these forums before (specifically about Parp!), but it looks like you have a new accout.

Here it is
Sweet! You worked on Lego Star Wars? I love that game.

I noticed you have a grammatical error on your site:

Quote:http://www.jeremypardon.com/cv/cv.html
with some of the best know Publishers and...

Normally I wouldn't say anything but I figured you'd want to know as this page seems like a sales tool.
Cheers dude, I'll correct me grammar.

Yes, I did have an old account but couldn't remember my password or username so had to create another. I've not been here for a while, but hope to make more frequent visits again. I'd like to get Parp! moving again,just to finish it off, as I have another prototype in the works.
www.JeremyPardon.com
First, you seem very accomplished. I would like to say that I absolutely loved Parp! when I first played it. It is a very colorful and creative game! Unfortunately, it always froze on the fifth or so level and that made me mad [sad]. But Parp! is just so awesome. And congratulations on being the 8th most highly rated Independent Game, I hadn't realized how much exposure Parp! had gotten until I saw that.

Now about the website, I think it's cute and creative. I would add a little more HTML fluff around your CV, Showreel, and Parp! site. It's a little hard to navigate because there is no menu and the different sections are so separate. And the old HTML Parp! site needs "title" attributes on the lady bug picture links to show a caption when using Firefox.

Cheers Boder, I appreciate your comments. The `front end` of the website certainly needs a make over. I'd like to do a simple flash front end, which needless to say will mean the whole site will go flash only. I don't think that alienate anyone since the flash plugin is so widely used, but? The old html version of the parp page will dissappear as a result, but I'm going to leave the links in there so that people can still download the x file exporter for maya using links that are floating about on the net. Hopefully then it'l look vaguley professional :)

Thanks again for your comments, hopefully soon I will get back to Parp! and remove that pesky level.

Cheers
Jez.

[Edited by - jezpardon on June 23, 2005 4:06:01 PM]
www.JeremyPardon.com
It is definitely top quality and very professional. The moving screenshot pictures for Parp! were a nice touch.

I think since there is just a little HTML right now, that going all flash is a good idea. I might like a section about the origin of the name "Parp!" because it's so original [smile]. Also, I was thinking that it would be pretty nifty if you had an animation exhibition section in addition to the showreel movie. This section could have the user select different animations and have them play.
nice site.

couple of things I would do. change update the copyright from 2003 as this gives the impression that the site is either not been updated in a while or that it is no longer maintained.

also how about a mini bio about you or what you do on the front page. When you go to the site its not clear what you do instantly.

nice and stylish site otherwise.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement