Pbuffers and extension pointers?

Started by
0 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 18 years, 10 months ago
Hey all, I'm trying to use pbuffers for my little tech demo (http://postpose.com/dbarrie/graphics), and I'm running into some problems. My code uses quite a few OGL extensions, which means I use wglGetProcAddress to access their function pointers. However, it seems that since my pbuffer uses a different context than the main one, I can not use these same pointers when drawing with my pbuffer. This wouldn't be such a big deal if all I had to do was store a list of function pointers with each rendering context, but since I'm using Cg, it allocates function pointers as well, and it breaks quite hard when using pbuffers. Anyone know a way around this?
Advertisement
erm, i cant say this is a problem i've ever had, as long as your function pointers are accessible you can use them to draw to a pbuffer, i've done it myself (i use GLee to init the extensions but the principle is the same), you can even create one context, initalise the extensions, destroy that context and initalise a new context using the wgl extension functions with no problems.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement