Here's a game for all the newbies out there!

Started by
5 comments, last by WhatEver 23 years, 5 months ago
This game use OpenGL and runs on Win32 platforms. It''s called "Apple Kill". Some of you may be old enough, and also have had the oprotunity to have seen a demo called "Apple Kill" that was made on an Atari. The demo pointed out from it''s perspective that Atari was better than Apple. The name "Apple Kill" came from the Atari symbol destroying the Apple symbol. All I did was use the name, the game itself only uses apples. This game is just a target game. Apples are shot up from the bottom of the screen, and you''re suppose to shoot them. There are 20 apples per round. So you don''t get a surprise, it''s just 2d. I did this game real quick, so I decided to keep it simple. Download Apple Kill
Advertisement
Can you distribute a binary as well as just the source please?

Please state the nature of the debugging emergency.

sharewaregames.20m.com

Binary? Do you mean the image data and executable? The executable and data can be found under the folder named "main".

Please feel free to give me feed back, like maybe the speed between rounds, size of apple...and stuff like that.
Oops. Maybe I shoud have made it say "Press Space Bar To Start Over" and not "Press Space Bar To Continue" when you lose .
I get an error message when I run it. It says it cannot create an OpenGL extension or something.

Please state the nature of the debugging emergency.

sharewaregames.20m.com

Uh oh. I''ll remove that bit of code. That was stuck in there so I could learn GL_EXTENSIONS. My game doesn''t use it, so I''ll remove it.

brb
K, fixed. Download it again from the same url.

I was checking for a GL_EXTENSION called "glLockArraysEXT" and "glUnLockArraysEXT" in my OpenGL init routine. It shouldn''t even be in there anyway. I''ll have to make a wrapper for those sometime.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement