Action Mapping Trouble

Started by
-1 comments, last by Xoonaka 18 years, 10 months ago
Hey everyone, I'm new to this whole Action Mapping thing, and there only seem to be two tutorials out there on it. One by Sunlight, and the one in the MSDN documentation. The problem is that neither of those two cover my particular problem, which is multiple Action Maps. What I have now are multiple handling functions working fine, and it's easy to just pass in a new function pointer so every Game State can handle actions differently if they need to. But I've also been trying to put in multiple Action Maps, IE, an array of DIACTIONFORMAT's. I got this idea from ConfigureDevices, which can take in more then one Format for Bindings. So I've been trying to figure out how to switch between Action Maps in program, and I've run into a little trouble. Right now I have the array and a pointer to the current DIACTIONFORMAT, and what I've tried is Unacquiring, Building, Setting, and Acquiring... but that makes even one map no longer work for me. And then I've tried just calling my EnumDevicesBySemantics function, and that works, but it makes BOTH Action Maps active. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make this work? If so, it'd be much appreciated!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement