source code for games

Started by
7 comments, last by baldurk 23 years, 4 months ago
I know this doesn''t really fit in here, but where would I find public game source code, eg. the wolfenstein 3d code, is there a site somewhere with loads of this?? thx cya baldur
Advertisement
I Think the source code for Wolfenstein, Doom and Quake1 are avalible from http://www.idsoftware.com - once you're there goto misc files (I think) then source code.

NickB

Edited by - NickB on November 29, 2000 3:55:28 AM
Check the Code Vault
You can also find Quake3 source code, yes I said QUAKE III source code, I have it on my drive at home, but not here. If you want I''ll search for the link ...

My Web Page
The Quake3 game code that would be, not the engine. Only the QVM/DLL source code has been released, if youve got the engine source than its warez.
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
You must be right, actually I got this archive yesterday, and I didn't really watch it
Thought, what is it use for ?

Edited by - julien on November 29, 2000 6:19:42 AM
the actual address of the wolfenstein (ect.) code is ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com
you have to find it yourself, but it''s not so hard to find!
There is also the code for quake1...

but be warned, it''s really hard stuff!

I have source code for, wolfenstein, doom, quake 1, quake 3, hexen, herectic, and the source for Ken''s build of his engine. (which was used in many early 3d games)

JoeMont001@aol.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
I actually want to know if the source code to a game called netstorm is avalaible, I was just speaking in general terms :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement