Torrent available for directx 9 sdk?

Started by
13 comments, last by Kwizatz 18 years, 9 months ago
Hello, I'm on dial-up and i understand that with that it's going to take a very long time to download the files, but the problem is my connection terminates before i can finish the sdk download no matter the isp i use.(gets to around 50ish mb.) Does anybody know of a site offering a torrent for the SDK?(so when my connection terminates i will be able to pick up the download from where i left off.)Or would anybody be able to make a torrent and link me to it? i have searched google to no avail, but maybe somebody can help me. Also i would use a different program like openGL or python, but all the books i have are on Directx... Thanks
Advertisement
I don't know of any torrents that have it, but you might want to check out something like Get Right which allows you to do the same kind of things (pause, resume, etc) with regular downloads.

Matt Hughson
__________________________________[ Website ] [ Résumé ] [ [email=contact[at]matthughson[dot]com]Contact[/email] ][ Have I been Helpful? Hook me up! ]
don't your books on dx have the sdk on a cd? all the ones I have do.

you can order it on CD I think really cheap.
Yes my books do have the sdk on it, but one is 6.1 version(only installs on 9x OS) and the other is 8.1...but doesn't work...its from "Programming role playing games with directx" by andre lamoth, i know its to advanced a book for my experience, but i got it for free. But the install 8.1 Sdk just doesnt work when i load it up. I've let it run trying to acess the disk for like an hour, still nothing.

I'll have to check out that get right program.

yeah best idea or goto a library if you have one near you and see if they have any dx programming related books. you never know.
eh, My local library is really small...and has no books on computer programming. i live in a really rural area.
Just get a download manager like Go!Zilla , or get Programming Role-Playing Games in DirectX 2nd edition, it has 9.0 packaged with it.

Also, you say all the books you have are on DirectX. Why not learn OpenGL from the web? Start here and here . Or you could learn SDL, and use that instead (or with OpenGL).
What do you mean by the sdk won't work? I had a book cd once, and when I went to install it, it made a couple folders but didn't copy any files over. In the end I just browsed on the cd to where the sdk was then clicked & copied the sdk from the cd to my harddrive and made sure the folder layout were the same. After that ijust set the compiler includes / libs etc to the same right folders in the sdk, everything worked ok after that. By the way, even if that does work, still go for the latest sdk as well, - might as well be up to date.
I like a booleanism is needed here:

Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Quote:Original post by Rob Loach
I like a booleanism is needed here:

*** comic removed ***

I thought DirectX 9.0 was free...?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement