Some more SDL tutorials

Started by
11 comments, last by PennstateLion 18 years, 9 months ago
I've added some new SDL tutorials to my site. There are the obligatory setup, draw graphics, and handle input tutorials. There's also tutorials on using SDL_ttf for drawing text and SDL_gfx for drawing primitives. You'll find the new tutorials under 2D Game Tutorials. If you see any errors, please let me know. My email is "aaroncox1234@hotmail.com". Please don't bug me about putting my email on the net like this. If I didn't get spam, I'd never get emails. -Aaron
-------------------------------See my tutorial site: Click here
Advertisement
Keep up the awsome Job, Aaron.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Your tutorials were already good, but this takes it to a new level.

Keep it up.
Thanks for the encouragement guys.
One thing with the sdl_ttf. I downloaded the ttf zip for windows from sdl's site and there was only a sdl_ttf.dll file in the zip file I think there should also be a header any idea on this?
Quote:Original post by Grahf750
One thing with the sdl_ttf. I downloaded the ttf zip for windows from sdl's site and there was only a sdl_ttf.dll file in the zip file I think there should also be a header any idea on this?

You have to DL the development zip:
http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_ttf/release/SDL_ttf-devel-2.0.7-VC6.zip

Learn to make games with my SDL 2 Tutorials

Sorry about that Grahf750. I took a look at my tutorial and realized it was a bit ambiguous about which file to grab. The tutorial gives the name of the file now.
Keep it up, Aaron! Is SDL_Mixer up next? [smile]
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Hey do you know if it's possible to use SDL_ttf along side SDL_opengl? That would be convenient.
Hey Rob,

Not sure if I'll write a tutorial for SDL_mixer since Joel's already written one. His tutorials are really good so there's not much point in me covering the same things.

I've been on a scripting kick lately with UT2004 and Dawn of War, but when I get back to tutorials I'm probably going to cover some basic game programming stuff and maybe some math. We'll see.

As for Hexed's question, I think you'd run into trouble with that but I'm not sure. I don't have SDL set up at work so I'll have to wait til I get home to try it out. I'll let you know how it goes.

-Aaron

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement