First-timer question: How to export UVMap from 3DS?

Started by
0 comments, last by Pruvaloo 18 years, 9 months ago
Okay, so I took my first shot at box-modeling, today, on something nice and simple. It turned out nicely enough, so I thought I'd give unwrapping a shot. Again: much easier than I thought it would be. Next, I thought I'd give texturing a shot. After about an hour of doing all sorts of stupid stuff trying to get a UVMap exported from 3D Studio, I finally just resorted to print-screening the UVW Map editing window. An hour or so later, I came out with this: Well, while it may have turned out decently enough, I'm still very curious... surely there's a better way to export a UV map, ne? Any help? Thanks in advance. ^^
Advertisement
If you have, or can get hold of a plug-in called textporter then you can 'render' a pic of your unwrapped uvws and save it, then go into your painting program and open it like any other image

however, the print screen method is pretty standard i think, i know a lot of people who do this.

that renders a lil dark, if you changed the background colour from black it would show up the details more. well done on unwrapping though, took me ages to learn it! keep it up!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement