I need advice on libraries like FMOD, BASS, and OpenAL (DirectSound would work too)

Started by
1 comment, last by tHiSiSbOb 18 years, 9 months ago
I am trying to develop an application for myself that requires me to record sound directly off of the computer's sound mixer. With the libraries already mentioned, is this possible? If so, please give me a hint in the right direction. (I am fairly certain it is possible with DirectSound, but I am a complete amature when it comes to sound, so I need help.) Also, when recording for a long time, one will need to write to disk as the recording is done. Is this difficult to do? Some pointers in this department would help too. Thanks in advance!
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
Advertisement
I havent dealt specifically with recording, but i have worked with BASS before. It is a very well thought out program, and when I was working with it, there was a very helpful forum community. The developer of BASS was extremely active in helping to guide and instruct, so I would recommned stopping over at un4seen and trawling through the forums for questions pertinent to your situation. Its probably been discussed.

Offhand, would you be willing to share what your program intends to do?

[Edited by - krikkit on July 24, 2005 1:53:30 AM]
BASS works like a charm, thanks!

Sorry, though, I can't say exactly what it is for, rest assured it kicks ass!
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement