GAMES ARE ART . COM

Started by
9 comments, last by Pulpo 18 years, 7 months ago
When movies began in the early XXth century, they where just considered an entertainment: People went to theatres to see those amazing moving pictures. When movies technology matured: Citizen Kane, Casablanca, Gone with the Wind.. They had achieved the status of Art but it took them 40 years to get a solid technology (color film, audio, long cuts). Games are under the same process.. Our technology is maturing and a few game designers are just starting to realize the artistic potential of gaming. I would like to invite you all who share my view on GAMESAREART.COM where artistic games, articles about the subject and a community around this, is being built. Cheers,
Santi "Pulpo" SiriGAMES ARE ART!
Advertisement
What a nice site!, I wish it success :)

I'll come around and visit sometime!.
I'll agree with Evelyn, the site looks nice, and I might be inclined to visit it often, if not for those HORRIBLE Diagonal red lines!
I don't mean to sound overly critical here, but that background almost threw me into a siezure. It's a great idea for a site, and I totally get where you are coming from, and agree for the most part, but that background drove me away like a pox.
They don't seem bad when I am looking directly at them, but when I try to actually read the site, they seem to shift and move. Very disconcerting.
I'll try to make a lighter background soon, I've got some comments on this and I apologize.

Kind regards
2 New articles are featured on GamesAreArt.com and the issues on difficult reading have been changed. I expect your comments on this just to make sure the site is ok.

Games
as Grand Media - Finding our Future

Forming
a new underground game industry

Kind regards
Quote:Why waste good technology on science and medicine

Fantastic!
Just a comment on the readability issue: I wasn't talking about the text being hard to read, I was talking about the background being highly distracting and making it very dificult to focus on the reading. I found myself frequently looking at the background to make sure it wasn't moving, because every time I took my eyes off it, it looked like it was "shifting". You can keep the diagonals, just please please darken it up a lot, or make it a dark variation of that plum color used in the content background. ANYTHING to take away the distractiveness of it.
I can't speak for others, but I personally don't like the background of my websites being more visibly active than the content I'm trying to present.
An RSS Feed has been added to GamesAreArt.Com
Very useful for anyone concerned about what's going on the site :)

Cheers,

Ahh my eyes!

For those of us still waking up, the diagnol lines hurt ;)
I'll modify the background soon! Sorry for that :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement