Game programming with python??

Started by
4 comments, last by MENTAL 18 years, 8 months ago
hello everybody I want to ask what do you guys think of programming a game with python. I am interested in game programming and want to try a programming language to see if this is really for me. Tnx in advance
Advertisement
Programming games in Python is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. In fact in my current game project, the game logic is done in Python.
Thanks for the reply.
I have another question. Is there really a big difference between game programming and plain programming. or like the one used for software and applications?
Thanks in advance.
Quote:Original post by Reckless_Fire
Is there really a big difference between game programming and plain programming. or like the one used for software and applications?

No. It's just a matter of writing sufficiently performant code.
There are differences in idioms between say applications programmming and game programming. This is mostly differences in the user interface, but also can happen in terms of program flow. For example, game programs tend to be driven by an the game loop where everything updates in near real time. Business apps tend to be event driven: do this when the button is clicked. But in both cases you're just manipulating data, so the difference isn't huge.
just a fyi, but EVE-Online is an MMORPG that has all game logic written in stackless python.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement