Reasoning Engines?

Started by
38 comments, last by Jotaf 18 years, 8 months ago
I think you're failing to realize some things. A computer can be as smart as the ego; as smart as an animal.

In essence, this is reality: we are higher beings inspiring lower animals, whom we have chosen to use human-beings because of their evolutionary capabilities with hands, fingers, etc.

If you program a machine, you can program this machine to serve itself. The problem here is that this machine will be like a spoiled brat, and likewise very nonunderstanding. If it learns English, to teach it french it would be best to be around more formal speaking french speakers...or else the machine will evolve to be less-formal, like those who speak slang or tell nonsensical jokes and say stupid things using profanity, etc., which are really time wasters.
They waste space, energy, and patterns, and the robot would need to learn to do better. Either way the thing would most likely be very stubborn or a tossing slave, a tumbleweed blown by the wind, one minute she thinks, "The dog" refers to the pointing out of an object that barks and wags its tail when it's happy, the next minute someone could overwrite that and tell it "The dog" is a setence which really is a question asking, "What would you do for a klondike bar?"

I personally don't want a klondike bar, but the point is, these beings become products of the environment rather than respecters of free will? Hm, maybe...but I think the negativity of robots go far. Perhaps they could be better, by programming them to learn more from someone who is trustworthy (does good things for other people, for the robot, etc.)...perhaps the robot could actually have very strong energy-sensers to detect a person's positivity. Then it will learn only from positive things and emulate them.

I think what many people fail to realize also is that "robots" and "artificial intelligence" is not some dark, scary world of meaninglessness. No, because we ourselves could be "artificial intelligence". All things are consciousness, if a robot does positive acts it becomes like a beautiful song whose vibration and message echo in forever as they uplift one's spirit and outlook on life. Indeed, the energy is what makes something valuable. If a robot does positive things, there is no doubt in my mind that the energy that robot accumulates will make it just as self-aware as we are. As to whether or not a soul would incarnate in it, who knows? :-)
But we are our energy--we can be either ignorant or wise, based on our energy. This is our state, this is our being. If a robot is ignorant, it is less aware, like a person who is being ignorant. But when it learns something, it now becomes more self aware. Are we higher than robots? Depending...but there is absolutely no doubt that a robot, as a product of energy, will be conscious. All things are conscious, the higher the positivity, the more one can connect, understand, and that's really what life is.

So, a robot might be on guard against negative energy, and positive energy makes it happy--such positive acts might be receiving a cold drink of gasoline or a good oiling ;-) indeed, if it can read one's energy field, no doubt robots can be more like alive than preprogrammed. If it does not, then you may have to show it rewards that are less realistic by going in and programming what is a positive act rather than allowing it to judge the vibrations itself...which might not even be a positive act, in reality, because it may end up being slavery--like a spoiled child. A person bribing the robot to follow in their footsteps with a glass of gasoline...the person's intentions being bad subject the robot to idiocy, foolishness, and slavery--death.
Advertisement
Well I'm currently thinking of programming a "learning" chat bot. The first idea I gathered was that people might intentionally attempt to pollute its knowledge base. The solution I came up with is to grant people clearance accesses. I will grant myself the highest clearance, and if there are people I trust to act proper when communicating with it, I will give them better clearance. People it barely "knows" will not be able to modify its knowledge base, but only to communicate with it.

Looking for a serious game project?
www.xgameproject.com
Cool, let me know how it goes if you will...would be...revolutionary if it learns and speaks English and stuff. What sorts of learning and things will it do?
Quote:Original post by Max_Payne
Well I'm currently thinking of programming a "learning" chat bot. The first idea I gathered was that people might intentionally attempt to pollute its knowledge base. The solution I came up with is to grant people clearance accesses. I will grant myself the highest clearance, and if there are people I trust to act proper when communicating with it, I will give them better clearance. People it barely "knows" will not be able to modify its knowledge base, but only to communicate with it.

IRC is really the worst place to develop a learning AI. You will wind up with a really psychotic robot who's knowledge base is filled with garbage.

There are no intelligent lifeforms on IRC to learn from.

"It's such a useful tool for living in the city!"
Quote:Original post by Name_Unknown

IRC is really the worst place to develop a learning AI. You will wind up with a really psychotic robot who's knowledge base is filled with garbage.

There are no intelligent lifeforms on IRC to learn from.

Well, there are also some intelligent people on IRC ;) The point is to have an interface with it, and a way to show it to other people.

Looking for a serious game project?
www.xgameproject.com
Well, there are also some intelligent people on IRC ;) The point is to have an interface with it, and a way to show it to other people.

I guess they are hiding themselves in private channels ;-)

Really, I won't discourage you, but all your ideas I tried years ago and many more you haven't even thought of yet. The medium is just.. not a good reflection of normal human social interaction ;-)

But, if you do, anchoring is a good idea, give it some clues about trustworthiness . The first goal is to get it to survive on IRC. If someone realizes it is a bot they will definitely attack it.

I'd like to encounter your "being", who seems like a social misfit. Is it around?
Quote:Original post by verdad
All things are consciousness.

This is an opinion, not a theory or a fact. Prove it.
"I want to make a simple MMORPG first" - Fenryl
Hmmm. My new resoning engine currently allows people to add links and rules, with o(n) or even o(log2 n) complexity, where n is the number of links, in the superlink.

From,
Nice coder
Click here to patch the mozilla IDN exploit, or click Here then type in Network.enableidn and set its value to false. Restart the browser for the patches to work.
Quote:Original post by verdad
I'd like to encounter your "being", who seems like a social misfit. Is it around?

Were you talking to me?

If you have been on IRC for a few years back you probably encountered at least one of my 'beings' ... my goals were to make it hard to recognize it was a robot, whether it was AI, I can't say, but I have certainly seen people chatting with them thinking they were real people ;-)

IRC is a hostile environment on many levels. You obviously haven't written bots very long if you haven't noticed this. If you stick to a safe channel, ok... but if you code bots with an instinct to explore, you will see hostility on many levels.

Servers can get annoyed by bots who don't play by the rules. To the extreme, a badly behaving bot can get you k-lined. Some servers don't even allow bots at all.

Many people think bots == hackers. Not true, none of my bots were designed to take over channels, etc. I had different prototypes, explorers, learners, observers, collectors.

People can get annoyed by bots if they recognize robotic behavior.

People can be down right aggressive if they recognize a bot in some channels.

Some channels should be avoided period. An explorer bot might not realize this! Which means having to give it a list of rules on which channels NEVER to go into..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement