Today we will blame video games for...

Started by
115 comments, last by ricekrispyw 18 years, 8 months ago
Teen pregnancy!
Quote:CANTON, Ohio -- There are 490 female students at Timken High School, and 65 are pregnant, NewsChannel5 reported. Some would say that movies, TV, videogames, lazy parents and lax discipline may all be to blame. Video School officials are not sure what has contributed to so many pregnancies, but in response to them, the school is launching a three-prong educational program to address pregnancy, prevention and parenting. WEWS also reported that students will face mounting tensions created by unplanned child-rearing responsibilities, causing students to quit school and plan for a GED. This will make it difficult for the Canton City School District to shake its academic watch designation by the state. According to the Canton Health Department, statistics through July show that 104 of the 586 babies born to Canton residents in Aultman Hospital and Mercy Medical Center had mothers between 11 and 19. WEWS discovered that the non-Canton rate was 7 percent. Canton was 15 percent. Cleveland's rate is 20 percent.
Advertisement
Garbage. Show me a video game in which someone goes "Lets make a baby" after playing it.

The stats are inflated anyway. You don't consider 18 and 19 "teen" when you look at pregnancy. Those are ages in which someone could already be married for instance.

Quote:Original post by Maega
Show me a video game in which someone goes "Lets make a baby" after playing it.

Everyone knows chicks dig guys with a high kill rate in Quake.

John B
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
Here from experience and personal knowledge I shall fix that statment for you.

Quote:
Some would say that movies, TV, videogames, lazy parents and lax discipline may all be to blame.[wrong]

Quote:
Some are intelligent enough to know that movies, TV, and videogames are not the cause but lazy parents and lax discipline are to blame.[corrected]

Gor435 - My Journal - MySpace - Facebook
Obviously video games are responsible due to the rampant infiltration of girls and guys being portrayed as sexual objects. See games like DOA: Beach Volleyball. This kind of imagary creates a kind of thinking that premarital sex is okay, and thus creates the kind of environment where high school pregnancies happen.

And yes I'm completely BSing and don't believe any of this.
-Blackstream Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you take my virus?-The Mad HackerBlackstream's Webpage
I wonder if the highschool will go the "OMG SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE IS WRONG" road or the "Okay kids, you know, there are several ways to protect yourself while having sex, here are the most common and succesful ones."
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
Personally I think that if everyone played more videogames there'd be a whole lot less teen pregnancy.

- [email=atronic@gamebox.net]Alex Broadwin[/email]- Adroit Creations- My Journal- The All-Knowing One
Quote:Original post by PixolMaster
Personally I think that if everyone played more videogames there'd be a whole lot less teen pregnancy.

He's playing hard to get. Chicks will only want to fuck him more after that!
pixelwrench.com | [email="matt[nospam]@pixelwrench[nospam]com"]email[/email] lethalhamster: gamedev keeps taking my money, but im too lazy to not let them

"YES! MY FRAG COUNT IS THE HIGHEST! I am going to get so many chicks!"

Trust me it isn't cause of video games. I am always telling girls about my Couter-Strike skills and then they give me weird looks...
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
[Girl]: Pay attention to me!
[Boy]: (continues to play World of Warcraft)
[Girl]: Dammit... pay attention to me!
[Boy]: (continues to play World of Warcraft)
[Girl]: Thinking* (Maybe if I get naked...)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement