Partitioning Crisis + Help Installing Linux

Started by
3 comments, last by Eken 18 years, 7 months ago
Okay I got 4 Partitions - Windows Primary 1gb - Swap Logical 256mb - Root Logical 2gb - Home Logical 800mb Vector Linux has been installed on Root and Root has been made bootable. Whenever, however now I just get a "no operating system installed" error message... [Edited by - Halsafar on September 13, 2005 6:33:47 PM]
Advertisement
Sounds like you forgot to install a boot loader. I'm not familiar with Vector Linux so I dont know if you are supposed to do that yourself or if its supposed to be done automagically. Did the install documentation/program say anything about LILO or GRUB?
Infact it did, unfortunatly there was an error it ran into. It said the error could be resolved by modifying a file "lilo.cfg" i believe -- but I'm not quite sure how to modify that since I cannot boot.
you should be able to boot using the linux install cd and edit lilo.cfg from there. Anyway, I'm not familiar with Vector Linux, so I'd reccomend using their forums here instead to get help.
Use a livecd to boot into your linux system and then install a bootloader or reconfigure your current bootloader.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement