A perfect game...

Started by
23 comments, last by grbrg 23 years, 4 months ago
If you had the chance to make a game, a game you always dreamt to make, had the perfect team to shape your dream into a real product, had the time and the resources necessary to accomplish this all - what would your game be like? Or, in other words, what are you missing in current games? ------------------------------ www.BadEntertainment.net

------------------------------

There are only 10 kinds of people: those that understand binary and those that don't.

Advertisement
Well... i have always dreamt of a game that is exactly like in real life, you could do whatever you want, you could be whatever you want, and with first person perspective you wander around and build up a life!
If you want to be a theif, steal something, a car or whatever... with a goal to achieve the ultimate life style... i haven''t thought so much about the goal because this game is so impossible to create...

"Nasa''''s robot crashed on mars,
but here we trash it, on RobotWars!"

-Sir Manfred
Unemployed 3d artist. Looking for work!Homepage: www.FredianArt.tk
Yeah man! Then you could get caught by police like in real life and spend years in jail like in real life. Man, that would be fun.

Come on! Talk about lazy game design.
Some may think real life is boring - others that it is the most interesting game there is...
It could be interesting to wander around and do things you would normally not do. But will this really fascinate you for a very long time?

www.BadEntertainment.net

There are only 10 kinds of people: those that understand binary and those that don't.

A game that can adapt to the actions of its players within the context of a compelling, immersive story.

Short description for a very, VERY hard concept.

People might not remember what you said, or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
Mad Keith the V.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
True, a life sim game would be fun... you know, just what if you had a second chance???? (anyone watched the movie?)

However, landing on planet earth again, what is REALLY not out there is good sports games. The only game that is really great, and still evolving into the best game ever to be is Championship Manager (check at EIDOS).
My constant cry is for a soccer game, where you play soccer, and enjoy soccer. AI where the teamates will think, and based on the style of play you are playing, simply adpat their movements. Let it have no gameplay problems, and give us realistic gaming. And i don''t mean in the mean of graphics.
Till now, the best i''ve ever played was UEFA champions league. FIFA simply SUCKS! EA keep faith to the US RUGBY... lol.

Well, keep the above in-mind, and when you become BIG, spare as a game like it .

c ''ya around.
]-[arvester
... LEMMINGS ... LEMMINGS ... LEMMINGS ... LEM..... SpLaSh!...Could this be what we stand like before the mighty One?Are we LeMmIngS or WhAt!? ;)
The concept of ''perfect game'' can actually be a nice theme for a game.

Just imagine what would happen when there would be a ''perfect game''... it would be like a drug that people need. People would more and more live their lives to play this game. What would happen to a world where people play a game for the better part of the day?

This would be a nice setting for a game (player has to ''beat'' the drug (=game) and save the world, by actually beating the game, which has never been done before (and which is why it is so addicting).

My personal perfect game? I''m not even sure yet... Probably a mixture of sports/online/character development.
You either believe that within your society more individuals are good than evil, and that by protecting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible, or you believe that within your society more individuals are evil than good, and that by limiting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible.
Remember the Michael Douglas movie ''The Game''??

Fairly crap movie so far as it went (okay I watched it twice) but the concept is fairly compelling.

Imagine a game world where there were AI driven characters as well as real players. Imagine a plot that is chosen from several thousand or million random ''goals'' and is changed by your interaction with characters and minor objectives that you have to do.

You sit down and answer some questions, then a complete story line is generated (I won''t spoil it for those that haven''t seen the movie... go and get it once if you haven''t) that has some sort of tie into the persons personality... more importantly the personality that they are going to play in the game.

Some people will lie in their answers and some will tell the truth, the very act of lying creates a personality in the subconscious that the player will act out in the game.

This creates a nice twist on the real-life aspect but also makes it a bit more do-able.....

-- No matter what they do, how hard they are or cold they want to be, their mind will always give them away. That is the moment to strike and leverage their weakness --
The birth of Psychic Treason
-- That's my $0.02 worth --
Hang on, where I come from, $0.02 is rounded down. Does that mean my opinion is worthless or priceless?
CHROM
quote:Original post by Sir_Manfred

Well... i have always dreamt of a game that is exactly like in real life, you could do whatever you want, you could be whatever you want, and with first person perspective you wander around and build up a life!
If you want to be a theif, steal something, a car or whatever... with a goal to achieve the ultimate life style... i haven''t thought so much about the goal because this game is so impossible to create...

Yeah ... exactly!!! It would be also very interesting in which way this "parallel" world would develop. Will it develop exactly like the real world? Will there be more or less wars than in the real world? What forms of government would exist?
VERY VERY interesting!

GumboYaYa
2D/3D Artist
http://www.thelegacyproject.de
GumboYaYa2D/3D Artisthttp://www.thelegacyproject.de
It seems you are all lost in a dreamworld. I can see how some people might like to have a game that simulates all aspects of life, but in essence this is impossible to accomplish. For starters, it would actually be a game, and for it to be "just like real life" you would have to eat, sleep, work, and all that to stay alive. However, the game would not promote hormonal reactions from the player, which basically means it could not simulate life. It might be fun for a little while, but most people would treat it as a sandbox where they could go and shoot the teacher that gave them a B+ instead of an A (or an F instead of a D-...).
People in real life are more concerned with personal relationships and rising to power, be it within a corporation, the public sector, the government, in their own little imagined universe, etc. Giving them a game that simulates "life" would most likely not be able to satisfy all the needs that "life" comes with...

And saying that, I would create a game with a compelling modern plot that addresses issues in current times, and let the player take control of a character who might not have a chance, and show them that they can do great things if they play well. Giving the player an experience they can translate into real world situations and decisions would be a marvelous accomplishment. I don''t mean "but these games improve my hand-to-eye coordination, i could be a pilot or something" which we''ve all used against our parents...I mean more along the lines of exposing modern fallacies and helping people to better develop ideas for themselves. That''s what I want to do with any game-making resources I get.

anthalaris.8k.com
Assassin, aka RedBeard. andyc.org

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement