Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

debugging information is corrupt

Started by moeron Sep 20, 2005 at 8:31 PM 4 replies 8.7k views
Original Post
moeron
moeron
I keep running into this irritating error when working with MSVC 6.0.
Quote:
shell32.lib(shguid.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module
I've read some of MSDN's tips on how to get around this...
Quote:
Possible solutions Turn off optimization with the /Od (Disable) option. Disable minimal rebuild with the /Gm– (Enable Minimal Rebuild) option. Compile with the /Gy (Enable Function-Level Linking) option to package functions. Use a different code generation option. See the /G (Optimize for Processor) options. Change the order of functions and global variables.
None of these have helped me. Since its shell32.lib I really have no way to recompile it or change the order of anything in it. Has anyone else ever run into a problem like this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, moe.ron
moe.ron
moeron
moeron
no, this only happens when I am building a debug build. It has only been happening often when I try and build debug versions of wxWidgets, so maybe i need to check out their forums.
moe.ron
moeron
moeron
no one else has ever run into this problem?
moe.ron
ApochPiQ
ApochPiQ
Unfortunately, this happens a lot with the newer Platform SDK releases and the Visual C++ 6.0 compiler. The AP's solution should work for you, but it will make debugging rather sketchy. Worst case, you may need to change your compile settings from Generate Program Database (or Generate Program Database for Edit and Continue) to not linking debugging information into your final built binary. However, unless you're fairly handy with debugging assembler listings, that will ruin your debugging experience in short order.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.