How To Change The Big Program Icon?

Started by
4 comments, last by ApochPiQ 18 years, 6 months ago
I am programming in Visual C++ with MFC and changed my program icon to a new 64x64 icon file, but when I view the folder as "Tiles", it still shows up as a small icon. How can I change it to a nice large icon? Thank you. - xinvar
Advertisement
"Tiles"? The options I have are large icons, small icons, list and details. I have Win2k though.
tiles are in xp. Guess it would be the "large icon" in 2k.
Icon files can contain a lot of icon formats and dimensions in the same file. I think the key is to work on the icon file and not a program property... but I'm gessing, because I use windows 2000 :)
--------------------------Rory Gallagher and Chico Science music !!!!!!!---------------------------____||~~~~|/TT
It's not a program property? I can change the icon of my software in my program without a problem, it's just that the icon is not as big as it should be.

- xinvar
Edit the icon resource in Visual Studio, and list out all of the images that are in the icon file (click the Device dropdown list to see them all). There should be at least one entry for each size you want to represent (16x16, 32x32, 48x48, and 64x64 are the most common; with Vista we will probably see 128x128 becoming more popular as well). There will probably also be different image entries for different color depths (32 bit, 24 bit, 8 bit (256 color), and 16 color are the most common).

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement