• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
zappernapper

unknown linker error

This topic is 4628 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i'm unfamiliar with this linker error, could someone explain to me what it's saying?
Quote:
undefined reference to `vtable for Map'
Map is a class i have defined, but i have no idea what vtable is, i have no variables or functions named that. Included headers are <windows.h> and <vector> might i be accidentally overriding on of their classes?

Advertisement
As a rule of thumb id say you shouldnt name your classes the same as the STL classes, because it can be a cause of confusion when other people read your code. Even if its just cMap instead of Map, thats clearer :]

I can only imagine vtable references the table created to keep track of virtual functions (and making sure the correct functions are called). Iv never had this error before, so im not exactly sure myself =/

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!