Need Help With Server Hosting. Thanks

Started by
5 comments, last by botman14 18 years, 6 months ago
Hi, i have recently started a online game and jsut produced a few levels. But what i need and was wondering if there is anywhere on the web that will host my server for free? If you know a place, please can you let me know. Or if you are willing to help me host this server, that would be great. But i wont be able to pay you for it, but i can make you a designer and admin on the game as well so that you can produce levels and everything on the game. Please can someone help me out. Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Free web hosting; dime a dozen.

Free application hostin; never heard of it.
Once your server is working fine, you've done in-house testing and measured the load (cpu, memory, bandwidth) the server requires, you can then start thinking about server hosting. Until then, don't worry.

Nobody is going to do stuff for free which requires work (setting the server up, monitoring, security etc) and involves risk (i.e. getting hacked because of a bug in your code), even if they don't have to pay for their equipment or bandwidth.

Mark
The server is only a little program that runs happily in the background with no hassle what so ever.

Its just that i cant keep my pc on all the time and was wondering if someone could help me host it please.

Thanks

ps: All the program is, you double click the server to load it and thats it. It will run happily and smoothly in the background. No hassle or problems. Thanks
In a society that doesn't like spyware or adware, the chances that someone is going to let you run your program on their computer 24/7 are about zero.

I'm just making you aware that what you are asking for is a bit much from a complete stranger. :(
Alrite, hmm... well the server was made from a program called DIMCE and that is all i use to make this game. I dont know any program knowledge (wished i could learn it somewhere) and all i wanted to do was make a game for ppl to play.

Well if the possibility is Zero, then thanks to all who have at least posted here to tell me stuff. Much appreciated. Thanks
Alrite, hmm... well the server was made from a program called DIMCE and that is all i use to make this game. I dont know any program knowledge (wished i could learn it somewhere) and all i wanted to do was make a game for ppl to play.

Well if the possibility is Zero, then thanks to all who have at least posted here to tell me stuff. Much appreciated. Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement