The document contains no data

Started by
27 comments, last by swiftcoder 18 years, 5 months ago
Every time i view a forum or a post, i get in Firefox a dialog box "The document contains no data". In IE, i get "The page cannot be displayed". This only happens on GDNet, and yesterday it was fine.. is there a problem ? Y.
Advertisement
That's happening to me a lot too.
It just happened to me, though it didn't seem to do anything(with Firefox). The website still loaded.
Same here. Sometimes the page loads, sometimes it doesn't.

shmoove
Hi,

I do have the same problems. And I think they have to do with one of the commercials that this site includes. (As far as I can tell, it's the top one!)
“Always programm as if the person who will be maintaining your program is a violent psychopath that knows where you live”
I've got the same problem here, but not only on gamedev.net, also on NeHe's pages...
NO, i'm NOT swedish, i'm german! XDView my Blog: http://spiegeleixxl.wordpress.com
I havn't experienced any difficulties of this sort, I'm running Opera 8.5. I just gave it shot in both IE and Firefox (force-refreshed each 4 times), and the only problem that arose in either was the stylesheet failing to load once in Firefox (which didn't produce an error).

No problem with NeHe either. Do let us know if you continue to experience it, and anyone else who has problems should also post it, I could just be lucky or whatnot.

If you suspect one of the ads is the source of the problem, any more info on it would be great (especially if you can provide the url).

- Jason Astle-Adams

I am getting the same, well loads of errors like this, about 1/3 to 1/2 of my pge loads:

Problem Report
There was a communication problem.

Message ID
TCP_ERROR

Problem Description
The system was unable to communicate with the server.

Possible Problem Cause

The Web server may be down.
The Web server may be too busy.
The Web server may be experiencing other problems, preventing it from responding to clients.
The communication path may be experiencing problems.

Possible Solution
Try connecting to this server later.

Hope that helps.

ace
Quote:Original post by Ysaneya
Every time i view a forum or a post, i get in Firefox a dialog box "The document contains no data"....

I get the same message. The page still loads (I've been refreshing the "Active Topics" page), but without any of the GameDev.net's groovy style.

Oh dear... is GameDev losing its mojo?!? [oh]
i have the sam problem too. i have to click 4-5 times, so one page loads, and the same message appears.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement