🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Samsung 915N 19" LCD Computer SyncMaster Monitor with 700:1 Contrast Ratio - Black

Started by
12 comments, last by HelplessFool 18 years, 7 months ago
Samsung 915N 19" LCD Computer SyncMaster Monitor with 700:1 Contrast Ratio - Black http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007LZGH4/002-7534337-4823263?v=glance&n=172282&v=glance How is this monitor? Samsung is offering me one of these like-new because my old LCD has some dead pixels.
Advertisement
I have a SyncMaster 172T and love it, so thumbs up from me.

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

Right now I have a 190s, not a syncmaster, it is fairly thin on the back, im afraid this other one will be differant, some of em go out real far on the back, and I just don't like how it looks. I like how I can turn this monitor too and spin it on its side and use the software to have a really tall screen (awesome for flying planes in bf2).
I have the Syncmaster 913N Silver - Fantastic, it is about as clear as you will get without adding another 300 quid to the price.

You won't regret buying this.

ace
Pretty sure that's the SyncMaster I have... in fact, I've got two. Liked 'em so much, I bought them off my company when we moved offices and got new machines.

Only problem is that the refresh is not sub-16ms (if its the same as the one I have). Not a big deal for me (I have 21" Trinitron CRT that's about 6 years old but still great). Really only shows up with high-contrast stuff, like pure-red on a dark background. Never really notice it in games, though, just in modelling tools.
Quote: Original post by ace_lovegrove
I have the Syncmaster 913N Silver - Fantastic, it is about as clear as you will get without adding another 300 quid to the price.

You won't regret buying this.

ace

I'm not buying it :P My old samsung lcd monitor has some dead pixels so they were going to replace it with a refurbed one, only problem was they dont make these anymore so they didn't have any refurbished 190s LCD Monitors. So its basically like a free upgrade, they are sending me this newer model, its great. <3 samsung.
I haven't used their LCDs, but after using the SyncMaster997DF (a CRT monitor) I've got an instant brand allegiance with them.
I have a Samsung 710T that I just love (except sometimes it doesn't draw some patterns well (like if you go to http://www.fandango.com the side bars just look horrible.

I know someone with a 915N though and they hate it because the top of the screen is brighter than the bottom - it makes it impossible to do even the simplest graphic design or anything that really depends on color on it.
Quote: Original post by etothex
I have a Samsung 710T that I just love (except sometimes it doesn't draw some patterns well (like if you go to http://www.fandango.com the side bars just look horrible.

I know someone with a 915N though and they hate it because the top of the screen is brighter than the bottom - it makes it impossible to do even the simplest graphic design or anything that really depends on color on it.

It sounds like his 915N is damaged. I doubt samsung would allow something like that to come factory direct.
Quote: Original post by etothex

many lcd's aren't designed for such work in the first place. pretty much every lcd with a 16ms and below refresh is a 6bit LCD. that means it displays about 270,000 colors, and uses dithering to simulate the rest. a true 8-bit lcd can display 16.7 million colors sans dithering. the 915N is a 6-bit budget oriented lcd.

as for uses not requiring exact color replication, it is a good monitor

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement