direct3d unhandled exception

Started by
1 comment, last by Armadon 18 years, 5 months ago
hi , i ve created a skeleton direct3d app, but i get a ecxeption when i run the program as below, can anyone tell me why is this?

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Microsoft.Samples.DirectX.UtilityToolkit.Framework.Cleanup3DEnvironment(Boolean releaseSettings) in E:\blockers\Blockers\Framework\dxmut.cs:line 2668
   at Microsoft.Samples.DirectX.UtilityToolkit.Framework.Shutdown() in E:\blockers\Blockers\Framework\dxmut.cs:line 2540
   at Microsoft.Samples.DirectX.UtilityToolkit.Framework.Dispose() in E:\blockers\Blockers\Framework\dxmut.cs:line 3892
   at GameEngine.Main() in e:\blockers\blockers\assemblyinfo.cs:line 157The program '[488] Blockers.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Advertisement
can anyone help?
Usually "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." means that a object is null or has not been instantiated. Maybe disposing a device when it has already been disposed. Or trying to use a device that failed when it was created and the error hasn't been caught.

Just check that the method you are calling/invoking does not reference any objects that are null or hasn't been initialized.

I hope this helps.
Take care.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement