[4E4] #40: A Violent World

Started by
15 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 5 months ago
Well... go find the game.cfg file... (C > Program Files > A Violent World > Game Data > game.cfg) and change the code to something like...

[Campaign2]
Name = Normal
Levels = level6

To skip straight to the snow level on Normal difficulty.

As for strategy, build turrets FAST, then expand and upgrade. Get used to where the zombie farms start showing up, and it should be easy (until the freaking snow level).
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Advertisement
Maybe a Quit option on the menu?

I LOVE the music in the intro/credits. Awesome :)
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Of all the games, I thought this one was the most fun. It has a kindof addictive charm to it. Very creative. My only complaint was that the tutorial took too long, and didn't explain the more difficult parts way too well.
Quote:Original post by xaver
I usually don't play RTS and thought that this game is great: very different from the typical RTS; I liked the music too.

I was one of those who thought the difficulty jump from the 1st and 2nd levels was way too high. Took me quite a few tries to beat the 2nd level. I find the 3rd level pretty much impossible for me (any tips? ).

Like others have said, a save game or password option would've been nice.

Ok, some tips. :)

On the second level, start by building to "the left", towards the flamer and machine-gun site. Build the walls starting from the middle of the wall you have, so that when the second wall gets built, the last piece of wall will be almost in the middle (it won't quite reach the middle - but its enough to "touch" them) of both sites. You now have access to level 2 machine guns and flamers. Now, you should be able to beat it pretty much by just building level2 machine guns, and if the zombies or ninjas get too close, switch to the level2 flamers and quickly rotate towards them.

One thing I don't think is mentioned anywhere - the machine guns will only target stuff within a certain range, BUT, if they are firing and they miss their target, they will hit whatever is behind it no matter how far away it is. So it is possible to kill far-away graveyards with a high-level machinegun.

Although, for the largets graveyards, I don't think it's even possible with the machinegun so you better activate either the REM (Robot to Enemy Missile, for those of you that didn't read the manual ;)) site or the laser sites.

On level 3, Hell vs Water, start with activating the machine gun site closest to you. The wall should be built ALONG the building so you get the most wall/robot ratio, and the wall should be on your side of it.
The next thing you do, place a turret on the opposite side of it, closest to where the first graveyard spawns, and upgrade it - you should be able to kill it before the second bunch of zombies come out of it.

Then build your way down and activate the REM Site, and also make sure to put a level2 turret on the wall you built by the machine gun site. A graveyard should spawn there quite soon (it might already have).

Things to do next on the list: Activate the laser site so you can switch between lasers and machineguns depening on how far away the zombies are. Also, you might want to reinforce a wall or two depending on how much damage the pirate ships do.

You might also want to try and reach the second robot factory (the space ship) to get more robots, but I don't think it's necessary for completing the mission (although I usually do it). Another thing that can be very useful is to degrade/demote turrets to get your robots back.

Quote:Original post by The Senshi
Of all the games, I thought this one was the most fun. It has a kindof addictive charm to it. Very creative. My only complaint was that the tutorial took too long, and didn't explain the more difficult parts way too well.

Yeah, it might've been too long. But as I mentioned, we tried to take it really slow and easy in the beginning so people wouldn't get pissed off. Nothing worse than dying in the middle of a tutorial and having to replay it to see the end. :)

But yeah, a second more advanced tutorial was on my mind, but there never was time to make it.

And really, thanks for liking our game. :D
------------------"Kaka e gott" - Me
Quote:Original post by Avatar God
Wow, cool.

I didn't think about being able to make my own maps... I'm gonna have to try that!

So, the ninjas [smile]. When my view is at default, the ninjas get dropped under the blimps, which I can't see through. Once the blimp decides to leave, I can usually see them, unless they've hidden inside something.

Seriously, I'm going to have to try this custom map thing :) That, and the spacebar [grin].

Thanks for the fun game!

//edit. Also, it just crashed for the first time. I had entered my name after Level 1 (Deserted Area) when it died. Don't really have any other useful information...

//edit. One last thing - when the lasers fire, the line continues back behind the turret, but without the red color.

Yeah, the enter-name-hit-enter-crash-bug. Ugly thing. :( SHOULD be not too difficult to find though.

What do you mean with the laser thing? I think you are right (also very ugly solution), but I didn't know it was visible. :)

Quote:Original post by Avatar God
Going FPS is awesome! So much more cool to look at.

So, someone *has* beaten snowstorm on normal? Cause I'm not sure it's possible...
It would be possible if I could either destroy or shoot through walls.

Nice screenshot of the laser. :D

And the laser can fire through _anything_. As can the flamer. The laser will deal damage to all enemies in its path, so if you're lucky you can kill multiple zombies in one shot.
------------------"Kaka e gott" - Me
Any tips for 'Snow Storm' ?
I find this stage incredibly hard, zombie spawns pop up right near the base etc.
Quote:Original post by X-0ut
Any tips for 'Snow Storm' ?
I find this stage incredibly hard, zombie spawns pop up right near the base etc.

If you still hasn't made it, and but still are intrested:

0. First, change game.cfg so that snowstorm comes first :)

1. When I play, I usually start by connecting the close machinegun factory, then building a turret (with one upgrade, always do 1 upgrade to every turret if possible) in the northwest corner to counter the small graveyard. While waiting for the stuff to be built, I also place wall orders so that the flamer, laser, one turret half way to the laser, and 1 wall to the southeast rocket.

I tried to go west to the ram sites or north to the close robot spawn, but I think the south west is the best area to build in.

2. The next step is to build walls around the south east rocket, and thanks to the already placed order, only three sides needs attention. Also, I place a turret directly north of the SE rocket, to counter the small site spawning there in just a moment.

3. Place a lot of turrets around the first rocket. Dont forget to upgrade them 1 level.

4. Now its just a matter of aiming and changing weapon in the right time. When there is no close danger, change most of the turrest to lasers, and point all at the same zombie site, wait until its dead, repeat. In between, when the hordes from the SW big zombie site get close, change to machinegun and flamers. The moment when the first wave attacks is the hardest to survive, but don't give up!

ZombieBosses (the bigger of them) are a lot stronger than the small ones. They also has armour, which means it will take very long for a machine gun to kill one. Therefor try to use laser/flamer against them, and machine gun on the small ones. The same holds for zombie sites, a big zombie site cannot be killed by a level2 machinegun (in hard at least), and Im not sure that a medium sized can do it, at least not effectivly.

Also, at any time the turrets dont have any good target, aim them at the pirate ships. You might lose your rocket (in hard at least) otherwise, and they will surely kill some turrest and walls.

ps
I just managed to win on SnowStorm (hard) for the first time! But the same method should work for normal to, just that its a bit easier. The one big change compared to normal is that zombies and thier graveyards have a lot more hp, and a lot more armour, meaning the machinegun a lot less effective against ZombieBosses and graveyards, and laser/flamer is a bit less effective.

/viblo

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement