I'm tired of C++

Started by
33 comments, last by demonkoryu 18 years, 5 months ago
EDIT : Sorry wrong place
Advertisement
Error E2141 BasicWindowsApp.cpp 12: Declaration syntax error
C:\Documents and Settings\DC Jones\Desktop\BasicWindowsApp.cpp In function `void CreateAppWindow(HINSTANCE__*)':

and

[Linker error] undefined reference to `GetStockObject@4'

is what I get using Dev C++ 4.9.9.2
How did you set yours up?
i make sure i have the proper devpaks installed before i start up a project. you can get all sorts of devpaks from devpaks.org.
Which one do i download?
Dude, start with "Sams Programming C++ in 24 hours". then slowly work your way up to the other two books. as for your error you need to click file->new project and choose a windows aplication, then it should work, if not you need the devpak. Go to tools->check for updates and find a windows32 API devpak there.
Quote:Original post by skyfire
i make sure i have the proper devpaks installed before i start up a project. you can get all sorts of devpaks from devpaks.org.

He's using Borland, not MingW
He still needs to choose some kind of "windows app" check. This will include the proper files (kernel32.lib, gdi.lib, etc.) That undefined reference is because he isn't linking all the libraries he needs to be linking.
As a general rule, you should avoid books with titles along the lines of "Learn yourself a C++ guru in 24 visual hours!". The reason being, you cannot really learn C++ in a year, nevermind 24 hours.
Quote:Original post by Mxz
As a general rule, you should avoid books with titles along the lines of "Learn yourself a C++ guru in 24 visual hours!". The reason being, you cannot really learn C++ in a year, nevermind 24 hours.

Heck, a year is even too short. I've been programming in C++ for 6 years and I have a degree and I still have a lot to learn.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement