[MDX] C# port of jollyjeffers' HDR demo

Started by
3 comments, last by HopeDagger 18 years, 5 months ago
Original announcement thread. HDR Demo-Managed-2005-11-19 (687 KB). June MDX installer (2.22 MB). Required if you've never installed the June MDX runtime before. The sample produces output that's quite different from that of the original sample, due to applying lots of corrections. Jack's updated his one too, and you'll probably find his updated version in the December SDK. Things to keep in mind: - When one bright surface enters the view (especially the green one, which is the brightest), the average scene luminance drastically increases, and consequently the whole scene is 'darkened'. When you rotate the cubes fast enough, you'll perceive this as 'flickering'. It is annoying. A solution for this would be to mimic the HDRLighting sample's light adaptation technique (Check its documentation page for details). - The blur uses a quadratic weighting curve, which the original demo uses. The latest version of the unmanaged demo uses a gaussian distribution weighting curve. There's a stub function for the gaussian weighting offset generation, in case you'd like to try it out. I'll get to that when I have the time.

Advertisement
Nice one [grin]

Hopefully I'll get time to try it out later (still need to install the June MDX parts...).

Cheers,
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Just totally fantastic, Well done Muhammad.
Kudos for implementing and sharing, just what I needed :D
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!
Very cool -- I was wondering when I was going to see a cool HDR demo for MDX. Another strong blow for the Managed world. Huzzah! :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement