Weird observation

Started by
2 comments, last by Eldritch 18 years, 5 months ago
I have an app that uses the BitmapMethods namespace collection functions from Nokia (included in most of their example apps). When I compile it using Borland, it works fine, but when I compile it with .NET it crashes in the very functions included in the NBitmapMethods namespace. Does anybody have any idea why? Has anybody experienced the same problem?
Advertisement
I haven't tried those functions out too much but by mentioning that it works in the Borland build but not in the Visual C++ .NET build one can assume that the functions work correctly, hopefully :)

One issue with Visual C++ .NET is that it ignores the START BITMAP sections in the Symbian mmp project file, so you if you use these, you'll have to make the mbm multi bitmap files manually using bmconv and then copy them to the location they're loaded from. If this is not done, the NBitmapMethods::CreateBitmapLC/CreateBitmapL function will fail and cause a leave.
Weird... my .NET works just fine with MBM files... :)

Well, I think it is precisely as I have suspected: programming is in the children stage at best. Too unrefined, too stupidly constructed.
Btw, det är ju du Jimmy :)

Christoffer här... heheheh...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement