collision system tutorial

Started by
4 comments, last by BloodLust666 18 years, 5 months ago
I'm looking to add a collision system to my Wrath2D engine. I'm looking at Nuclear Glory for ideas but it's not open source so it's kinda hard to break it down b/c there's no code to look at.. just functions and what not. are there possibly any other, possibly open-source, collision systems or even a tutorial on how to incorporate that idea into it's own class. preferably in C++
-------------------------Unless specified otherwise, my questions pertain:Windows Platform (with the mindset to keep things multi-platform as possible)C++Visual Studio 2008OpenGL with SFML
Advertisement
[Google]
2D Polygon-based collision detection tutorial
Hth
--> The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones <--
Search this forum for oliii posts, it's the same guy as from the link above. His explanations are pretty clear.
I'd look at this one.

and this one.

Everything is better with Metal.

well, i know how i'm going to do the collisions and whatnot.. m/b i put this in the wrong forum cuz i'm not looking for the math part of it.. i'm looking for the class part. how should i use classes and whatnot to store all the info and variables i should have in there. (C++)
-------------------------Unless specified otherwise, my questions pertain:Windows Platform (with the mindset to keep things multi-platform as possible)C++Visual Studio 2008OpenGL with SFML

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement