[.net] Freebie Code Profiler for .Net - Graphically showed hanging refs etc?

Started by
0 comments, last by paulecoyote 18 years, 5 months ago
Hi all, A little while ago I found and downloaded a really neat tool that graphically profiled a .Net applications memory usage in a kind of tree format. I've got a .Net application right now that could probably use that tool, but I can't for the life of me find it. Does anyone know any free code profilers that would help me track down hanging references and other memory usage issues with the .Net application? Specifically something that is also .Net 2 compatible? In the meantime I'm just going to go at the problem manually. In case anyone is interested I'm loading and manipulating huge strings with the regex stuff, displaying before and after in text boxes, and writing things to files too. Cheers, Paul
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Advertisement
It was Microsofts CLR Profiler I was thinking of

Link to v2

Also a MS Dev posted a Beta 2 version
Beta 2 version blog
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement