Rendering Quake 3 Map

Started by
10 comments, last by dawidjoubert 18 years, 4 months ago
Quote:Original post by ebikhan
Well my long-term goal is both one. But I guess the information of MD3 loading is store in Entities Lump.

Anyways, any sort of help on loading entites lump and rendering them effectively using the Frustum Culling on it and Collision detection on them. and again then how wud I load the MD3 Model and render it using Frustum Culling and wat abt its Collision Detection. Any generic method or any method watsoever regarding it.

dawidjoubert was all over this with some helpfull advice. Give his post another read.
Advertisement
I would say you are best of starting at the most important things first.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you render all 4 types of Faces EXCEPT the beizer (NURBS)?
Did you implement the Visiblity Set & Binary tree in rendering?
Do you have a collision algorith allowing for Sphere->World & Ray->World & AABB->World Collision?

If you dont have those three it doesnt matter how good your graphics is.

Second tip! Load q3dm1&2&3..6 and so on which have 0 world interactive objects (doors/platforms)

Once you have done all the top then move on to loading and parsing the entity lump.

You could use spheres for entity items, Cubes to show the presence of an external md3 model (which you dont load yet), Pyramids for spawn locations and so you get the idea.

THEN AT THIS PHASE only consider world models (ie interactive models), now the problem with these are they dont exist on the Binary Tree and you have to create there binary tree self and ANIMATE (as a door moves) it self aswell which is why i never did get to far.

NOW I WOULD love to give you my source but i cant find an ftp to put it!!

----------------------------

http://djoubert.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement