Project Phoenix Ver. 0.36.8D

Started by
2 comments, last by medevilenemy 18 years, 4 months ago
Hello all, I've just recently added some 3D models to the game i've been working on (the working title is "Project Phoenix" although it'll probably stay that way), and I've decided to post the current version online in an attempt to get some feedback. The game is minimally playable at this point... that is, there is no plot yet, nor game options or any of that. There is a save/load game feature, and an "engineering" screen which lets you mess with a couple of settings. Please ignore the background music i'm currently using... it's a WAV file i found in windows... only using it until i can find something better. The art is pitiful, i know, it's my temporary programmer art. In order for it to run, your computer must have the OpenAL drivers installed (included). Random Pointless Notice: The Player's Ship, Torpedos, and Explosions are actually bitmaps textured onto simple (temporarily) OBJ models. THE GAME IS AVAILABLE FROM http://www.geocities.com/medevilenemy/pp.html AND IS IN .ZIP FORMAT. As stated, please feel free to post comments on this thread. You can also email me at hic@bestweb.net
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
Advertisement
ooooooooook, that didnt work.
The game runs but there seems to be some issues with timing. Everything moved extremely fast so I suggest you look into the timing code.

Also, in the future, try keeping threads like this one in the Your Announcements Forum.

Keep up the work.
Hack my projects! Oh Yeah! Use an SVN client to check them out.BlockStacker
Sorry for taking so long to respond...

I can explain the timing problems... There is no timing code at all. I decided relatively early on to leave optimization and compatability for the end. Instead I have been working on adding features and functionality (what I like to call "playable-ness").

The reason why I have taken so long to respond is that I have been working on moving over from temporary art for some things to "final" art in the form of 3D models, and tweaking the code to work with this new art. Consequently I have now reached what I am calling version 0.37D (a slight explanation of my versioning system is in my changelog).

This newer version of the program should be accessable through the link I provided within a few minutes. If anyone runs it, they will find a greatly improved player ship (Based off some Long awaited concept art from a friend of mine). Personally, it looks quite cool... A full log of changes can, of course, be found in my changelog (in "Developer's Changelog.doc" in the zip)

EDIT -- 30 Seconds Later:
the URL again is: http://www.geocities.com/medevilenemy/pp.html
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement